Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Salsa Day!

Happy Tuesday! Today I'm heading over to my friend Alyson's house to make and can salsa.

I think I'm going to try a new recipe, so I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. Lately, when I've been canning, I've been using recipes from the USDA canning website: The National Center for Home Food Preservation. It's a mouthful of a name, but it's got a ton of great info for safe canning. I made their Salsa from Paste Tomatoes recipe in the fall and really liked it. This time I was able to order a 20 pound case of tomatoes from Bountiful Baskets. Unfortunately, they are the round slicing kind of tomatoes. So, I'll be trying NCHFP's recipes for Tomato/Tomato Paste Salsa so it won't be watery. Look for a report tomorrow!

Thanks for playing!
Jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment