Saturday, February 6, 2010

Call me Frugalista? Nah, just call me Mom.

Happy Saturday!  This is my first post to my new blog. 

I've decided that I need a place away from my Sam & Hailey Designs Blog to talk about one of my favorite subjects, Provident Living! 

What is Provident Living?  It's a whole lot of things rolled into one.  A while back I heard a commercial for a clothing store using the word "Frugalista".  Apparently, "Frugalista" is the new "Fashionista".  We're all about saving money these days.  I don't know anyone that isn't.  But Provident Living is more than just saving money.  It's living smart and self-reliant.  Whether you are a stay-at-home-mom, a working mom (or dad), a single person, empty nesters, or retired, you can work on Provident Living.  I'm not perfect at this lifestyle, but I'm trying.  I figured maybe some of you out there are trying, too.  This blog is where I'll share my journey along the path to living providently.  I'm hoping to share recipes, home storage ideas, my attempts at frugality, occasional craftiness and general ramblings.  I'd love to hear your ideas, too! 

Let's enjoy the journey together!

Thanks for playing!
Jan

1 comments:

Jan said...

Test

Post a Comment